Due to the advent of vinyl vehicle wraps, many people are left wondering whether to use them or stick with a paint job. There is no doubt that covering your car with a car wrap is cheaper that painting it. The latter can cost you between $3000 and $10000, depending on the quality of paint and the procedure. On the other hand, you will only shell out between $2500 and $5000 with the former. Of course, your expenditure is subject to the material and extent of the project.
Unlike paint jobs, you can opt for a partial wrap to get started with your marketing. Covering the roofs, hoods and other accents comes around at $300. Along with the significant price difference, there are many other benefits that paint cannot offer. Here are 7 reasons why you should wrap your vehicle:
- Resale Value. Vehicle wraps retain the manufacturer’s original paint, which keeps the resale value intact from a devalued aftermarket paint job. Keep in mind that your preferred color may not be in line with your future buyer’s favorite color. Keeping the original color will allow you to keep the resale value intact.
- Limitless Choices. Upon purchasing your dream car, you may want something different – a design or color that is not available in factory paint. Vinyl wraps can help make your car fantasies come true. Stand out from the rest of the cars on the road and give your vehicle a hint of your personality with vinyl ready designs. If you are looking for change after a few years, you can just remove it and choose whatever you want – the sky is the limit.
- Installation Time. Painting your car a new color will leave you without transportation at least two weeks. On the other hand, getting a vinyl car wrap will transform your car in just three to five days. So, don’t leave yourself stranded; wrap up your vehicle.
- When you cover your car with vinyl, you are protecting every inch of your factory paint from all vulnerabilities: weather, rocks and prolong sun exposure. Car graphics are very durable. It will act as a shield, so say goodbye to abrasions, stone chips and natural hazards.
- Easy Maintenance. Constantly waxing your car may be taking a toll on you. So, allow yourself to relax by never waxing again. Vinyl wraps only requires handwashing with soap and water to make them look brand new.
- Safe Removal. High quality vinyl can be safely removed. You can remove it after four to ten years without affecting your current paint.
- Long Lasting. Vinyl wraps are also long lasting. A wrap’s life is affected by the duration of its exposure in the sun. The longer it is left outside, the quicker it fades. To maximize the life of your vehicle wraps to full extent, keep it in the garage when not in use.
Unless your paint is in bad condition and will not safely accept a wrap, wrapping your car is the best option. It will not lower your vehicle’s resale value and will not take long to install. You can also enjoy endless options, easy maintenance and safe removal. The benefits of getting a wrap far outweighs those of painting your car.